McClure Apple Orchard, Peru, Indiana-review

I found this place on a search for something a little different. The website for this place looked so inviting, we just had to make a stop here. (although we did have a little trouble finding it) The thing that interested me the most was the fact that they had Apple Dumplings!


 Yes, it was cold and snowy, but that's when we like to venture out. The house behind us actually belongs to the owners parents. We thought it made a nice place for a picture.

McClures does have their own orchard and press, something that we tend to lean more to, verses someplace that just has wine shipped in. McClures' specialty is not wine though, it's hard cider.
Now I am not a beer drinker, in fact, I really don't care for the taste, but my hubby does. He did the tasting today.



Me, I was just here for the Apple Dumpling! Wow was it delicious!
Better than my Granny used to make! (sorry grandma) The thing that really set off the dumpling was the cinnamon ice cream. I have never had this before, but it's amazing! Yep, that's caramel sauce on top!


 McClures also has a quaint little store which has the most interesting things.
My favorite was the sign you will see below...


Although this is not really a full meal restaurant, McClure's Apple Orchard gets a 5 out of 5 dinner stars***** just for the fabulous Apple Dumpling!

No comments:

Post a Comment