Club Soda review- Fort Wayne, Indiana

My husband's birthday was yesterday, so we decided to walk a little on the wild side and venture to Club Soda. I have been to this old Textile building numerous times while on my photo sessions, usually with Seniors. I love the old vintage feel of the building itself as it provides a wonderfully antique background.


Upon entering from the back of the building, we were asked where we would most like to sit. We requested the patio outdoors and were seated in the furthest corner table next to the nicely landscaped iron fence.

We were first offered water and a modest menu consisting of just two pages. The other two menus consisted of an extensive wine list and martini menu.

 

For starters, I ordered a chocolate kiss martini and my husband ordered a draft beer. Both were very good, although I am not a drinker and had to add ice to mine to dilute it a bit.



For an appetizer, we started with the shrimp cocktail. We were served  generous sized shrimp which we shared. The shrimp were firm in texture and had to be eaten with a fork and knife. Wonderful!



Next came the house salad which was colorfully made and tasted even better with an Italian oil dressing, feta cheese, peppers, topped with croutons.


On to the entree...
We decided to stay low key on our dinner as every on the menu is $23 or more. I ordered the stuffed chicken breast with spinach and ham smothered in a wonderful garlic cheese sauce with a side of white cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.
The overall taste was fabulous, but I felt that the chicken was cooked a bit too long, was dry, and I had to work a little too hard to eat it. 



Roger ordered an old stand by of Walleye ( which has been served here for 14 years). His fish was coated in a corn flake batter with pepper and cheese. He opted for the baked potato, staying on the safer side. His fish was very light and had a wonderful flavor. (I thought it could have used a bit more salt in the batter though.)


The ambiance overall of the club is quite relaxed, but everyone is dressed in business attire or evening wear. Just a heads up...people are allowed to smoke outdoors on the patio.

  So overall, I give Club Soda a 4 out of 5 dinner star **** rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment