Traders Point Creamery review


During my recent Photography travels, I find myself driving a couple hours to Indianapolis for sessions. This particular session was on a Sunday evening and my dear Husband wanted to tag along. This is not a normal occurrence, so I happily took him up on it.

For those of you who have never heard of this place, (as was the case with me) it is located just Northeast out of Indianapolis, Indiana. It is an actual working farm that freely invites people to come see and experience it. 

Everything grown here is organic from the grass fed cattle to the quaint garden. Once it
is ready to harvest, it goes to the restaurant called "The Loft". It is literally located in the loft of the large barn there.


When you walk through the door, you have entered the cheese store with every kind of cheese that I have never heard of, all made on site. We didn't spend a great deal of time in the store, but went straight upstairs to the loft where the restaurant was located.

The tables are elegantly draped with white table linens, real fresh flowers, and candles. We were seated at a middle table. The ceilings are actual loft height and are original beams and wood.

There are quaint country decor and multiple framed awards placed around.

As I glance over at the bar, something catches my eye. I quickly make the assessment that this might not be a cheap meal when I saw the $13 Banana split on the ice cream menu.

Our waitress comes to our table and is very sweet. She is also competing with a ton of large area overhead that is swallowing up her words making difficult to hear her. She is extremely versed in the menu and runs through several items on it giving great detail of the ingredients. Once in awhile, I can catch a price of $37. Did I mention that they are no prices listed on the menu? Honey, I hope you have the credit card.


We start with a garden salad. When it arrives, she places it gently on the table and stops to capture our reaction to it. It is truly a work of art! (and I'm pretty sure there are flowers in it that I grow myself at home) We smile at each other and agree that it's beautiful then proceed to try to figure out just what's in it! There is an orange flower on top that my Husband dares me to eat....so I do!

It was a good salad, not great, but had a nice and light oil dressing.

On the the main course. After attempting to figure out exactly what I'm in for, I stay safe ordering a cheeseburger and my Husband decides on Salmon.

She places my Husbands dinner in front of him and walks away. We both just kind of look at it. 
"I think you might have ordered an appetizer, Honey." We just start laughing! Our waitress returns shortly and we point to it and ask, "Is this what he ordered? 
The salmon, yes. 

"Where's the salmon?" 

Oh, it's mixed in there, see? 

"Oh ya." 

Huh?

She did offer to take it back and get him something else, but he refused and told her that is what he ordered, so he will eat it.

I shared my $17 cheeseburger (with spicy smoked cheese) with him.  The cheeseburger was good. The smoked cheese gave it a very nice kick. The salmon was actually very good!  Just not what we expected!

Needless to say, we were not stuffed after dinner and the organic ice cream did sound good, but not at $4 a scoop. We opted to go home.

Overall, this was a restaurant I will not quickly forget. The ambiance was lovely although it was difficult to hear our waitress. Do I think it was a little expensive? Yes.
 Overall I give this **** 4 out of 5 Dinner Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment