Peach Cream Pie

My husband's family has an annual family reunion which consists of about 150 people who turn out for this event. Roger's grandpa was a sibling to 13 other kids, so you can image how much this family has grown over the years.

For this occasion, I made a pie recipe that always makes me think of my own grandmother as she made this often for Sunday dinners.


Peach Cream Pie

1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
2Tbsp flour
1 can peaches
1 egg
1 cup whipping cream
dash of cinnamon
1 unbaked pie crust


Again, I start with an oil pastry. For that recipe, click here. Set aside and preheat oven to 350° 


I start by mixing the both kinds of sugars with the flour with a wire wisk. I then add the egg and mix well. Add the cream and mix lightly.


Drain the peaches (very important) and place in the pie shell.


 Pour the cream over the top and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
 Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until center does not move when wiggled.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment