Stuffed Mushrooms

This is my mother's recipe. I make this every year for Christmas.
 
Stuffed Mushrooms
1 large pk of white mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1 1/2 cup crushed crackers (about 1 package of Ritz)
1 tbsp mined onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 egg
1 cup chopped ham ( I use cold meat)
1 stick butter

Wash mushrooms well and remove stems. Put stems aside in bowl. 
Melt 1/4 stick butter. Dip mushroom caps in butter, then place top down in pan ready to be stuffed.

Crush crackers and place in med bowl. Finely chop stems and add to crackers. Add onion, garlic, egg,  3/4 stick melted butter,and chopped ham. This makes your stuffing.

Use a spoon to stuff your mushrooms. They can be very full. 
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until brown on top. If I have other things in the oven, I can adjust the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment